7 Cardio Exercises You Can Do at Home
Contributing Author: Josh
Cardio exercise is very important in maintaining your health. More and more people are looking for ways to integrate their workout plan to their very busy schedule. One of the best ways for you to do this is to look for exercises that you can do at home.
Here is a list of cardio exercises that can be easily done at home:
This is one of the classic exercises that can help you burn calories and strengthens your core. It is very helpful in strengthening your laterals, quadriceps, deltoids, lower abs and your outer thighs. Here is how you do it:
- Make sure that you have stretched your arms and legs before starting. Stand straight with your feet together and let your arms rest on your side.
- Bend your knees and just up as you spread your legs. Stretch your hands as you rest your feet on the floor.
- Repeat this until you complete one set of 30 reps each. You can do two or more sets to make it more effective.
Jogging in Place
Stationary jogging is one thing that you can do inside your home. You do not really need a wide space for this. Just make sure that you have a pair of great shoes to keep you going.
You can do this on your spare time and you will surely get a great result even with just few minutes of jogging in place. You can start by doing it continuously for 60 seconds. After that, you can rest and go on again until such time that you are already familiar with your pace.
There are different benefits you can get from jogging. One of which is to keep your heart beat elevated.
This is the perfect cardio workout you can do at home to tone your thighs. You can do this without the help of equipment. All you need to do is to follow these steps:
- Stand erect with your feet together and your hands on your side.
- Lunge forward while you inhale with your right leg. Let your right hand rest on your side and as you bring your left hand in front of your chest.
- Jump and switch your arms and legs. By doing this, you are now landing in a lunge position with your left foot.
- Keep alternating your legs and continue with the jump and lunge until you complete a set of 30 reps.
Just like stationary jogging, you can also try skipping. With the right diet and this exercise, you can be sure that you will help yourself to speed up metabolism. All you need is a rope with handles for this exercise. Jump over the rope repeatedly and you will surely burn more calories.
You can do this in 20 minutes. You do not really need any special skill for this. As long as you have enough space, a good pair of shoes and a jump rope, this is a perfect workout for you.
What exactly is this exercise? If you are asking the same question, you do not have to worry because this is not a misplaced cardio workout. Mountain climbers can be done inside your home. This is a version of running your knees in a push-up position.
The main benefit of mountain climbers is to elevate your heart rate. It is also a great exercise you can do to strengthen your core.
Aside from helping you burn calories, you can also expect squat jumps to help you speed up your metabolism. Here is how it is done:
- Stand straight with your feet apart on shoulder length. Keep your hands on your sides.
- Raise your hands parallel to the floor and push yourself to a squat position.
- Tuck your muscles in and jump. You can do this while you raise your hands up your head and jump high.
- When your feet hit the ground, make sure that you are still on a squat position. Do the reps simultaneously.
Just imagine yourself becoming a bear for few minutes. Squat on the floor in a push-up position and stand up like a bear.
This is a high-intensity exercise that is tougher than it seems. You can do 30-60 reps for this.
Your workout plan is something that can determine your health. If you want to maintain a balanced and healthy lifestyle even in your busy days, consider the list of cardio exercises that you can do at home.