Naturopath: Treat Illness with No Surgery
Author: Lauren Bracy
Naturopathic medicine is a system in which one uses natural medicines to heal illness. This is a practice that embraces many therapies, exercise, massage, acupuncture use of herbs and nutritional counseling. Today this treatment is combined with modern science even though it is traditional. The main aim of a naturopath is to treat the mind, body and spirit of a person. It not also heals the root causes of the disease, but it also concentrates on the symptoms.
A naturopathic doctor spends at least one or two hours with patients to examine them. They will discuss with you about your health history, lifestyle habits and stress level. Sometimes he may ask for lab tests to judge the exact problem.
What do the naturopaths do?
The naturopath is a trained practitioner more like a general practitioner who specializes in natural medicine. They are open to all other branches of medicine and if required refer patients to other diagnosis. They have a four-year degree from medical college. They graduate with conventional medical sciences such as cardiology, immunology, gynecology, neurology as well as biochemistry. They are supposed to do extensive coursework in natural therapeutics. This includes all the therapies from sciences such as clinical nutrition, homeopathy, botanical medicine, lifestyle counseling, etc.
Principles of naturopathic medicine
- Healing power of nature: The human body has an inherent capacity to restore and maintain health. The naturopath tries to facilitate the healing process by removing all the obstacles. This is how they identify the problem and accordingly do the treatment.
- Identify and treat the cause: The naturopath treats the patients after carefully reviewing the symptoms of the disease. They believe that symptoms are the external manifestation of internal imbalance. This may be due to various reasons like physical, mental or emotional. Hence symptom management is very important.
- Uses therapies: This treatment will do no harm as it uses therapies to cure the patients. The treatment is gentle, non-invasive and effective. It does not have any adverse side-effects. They make a conscious effort to use methods that will not suppress the symptoms.
- Doctor but more like teachers: The naturopath basically educates their patients and empowers them. They motivate patients to assume more of personal responsibility. They tell the patients to adopt a healthy attitude, lifestyle and diet.
- Treating the whole person: The physicians identify a specific weakness of a patient and treat them depending upon the individual’s performance.
- Prevention: The naturopath believes that it is far easier to prevent a disease than to treat it. Therefore, they evaluate both objective and subjective information. This is necessary to handle diseases in future. They discuss specific lifestyle changes or nutritional supplementation. This is how the diseases can be prevented.
- The naturopathic medicine has always been seen to be a holistic approach for treating various types of illnesses. Any kind of illness can be treated with the help of natural medicine.
- This is a treatment where the patients do not have to bear the side effects of prescribed drugs and surgery. It basically increases the well-being of the person. Therefore, you can find that the medicine is often invigorating it gives a person energy that they lacked previously, and all this is gained through natural means.
It is a genuine practice that is based on trial and error method and requires lot of patience and good communication. This is a process that culminates in an individual treatment that engages the patient in maintaining his or her health. The treatment will depend upon the expertise of the naturopath.
The treatment is based on discussing the plan and answering any questions. The follow-up visits are important to know the improvement of the patient and make necessary changes.
I am Lauren Bracy, a qualified blogger. Here you can see my skills which gives you small ideas on understanding all the concepts with different themes. I love to write blog on different topics, like: health, home décor, Automotive, Business, Food, Lifestyle, Finance, Flowers etc.