Author: Manmohan Singh
You can enjoy a Healthier and also a Happier Pregnancy with Prenatal Yoga…
Just take a look at what prenatal yoga is all about, and many of its wonderful benefits.
Pregnancy is one of the most beautiful and glorious times in a woman’s life. Not only does it bring a brand new life into the world, but it also brings twists and turns, mood swings, food cravings, and a few risks as well. A woman needs to be extra cautious about her health during the gestation period because, her own health and well-being directly impacts the baby’s health. However, too much caution can also bring too much stress, so there should ideally be a bit of middle ground. Therefore moms-to-be, do not totally restrain yourself, enjoy your pregnancy to its fullest, with Prenatal Yoga.
Try not to be overwhelmed with stress in its many forms, and cherish each of those moments of your gestation period. An expectant mother can easily do this with the practice of Prenatal Yoga. Before we get too anxious and jump to any major conclusion, we first should try to understand what Prenatal Yoga is all about and, why it is so highly recommended for expecting mothers:
Prenatal Yoga is the yogic practice that prepares pregnant ladies for an easy labor and promotes baby’s health. It is a practice of compassion towards yourself and your baby. Not only will it cater to the needs of the body of moms-to-be, but, it also prepares her body and mind for childbirth and the post-gestation stage.
From the physical body to the mental and emotional state of expectant mom, prenatal yoga plays a key role for a healthy and happy pregnancy. Let us just take a look at the range of benefits of Prenatal Yoga:
1. Toning the important muscle groups: Neither too lax nor too tight, if a muscle is properly toned, it has the right balance between length and strength. Prenatal Yoga builds, tones and maintains the entire physical body muscles including the very important pelvic floor, hip and abdominal muscles. In here we also minimize the real risk of back pain and aches. Additionally toning with Yoga assists in bringing the body back to its original shape after delivery. Many moms would love this as well…
2. Increased Stamina and Strength: As the baby grows in the womb, women need more energy and strength to carry the weight. Prenatal Yoga postures increase the stamina and provide strength to hips, back, shoulders and arms.
3. Creates Balance: Our mental and physical balance is challenged as the fetus actively grows within the body. Due to an increase in the progesterone and estrogen hormones, quite a few emotional changes occur. It is then important to go through prenatal yoga poses. In this you learn to focus and hold poses while breathing together, and that action helps to fine-tune your balance both physically and emotionally.
4. Calms the nervous system: Relax – just for a little bit, as both expectant mom and baby will need it ever so often. Deep breathing involved in prenatal yoga poses enables the nervous system to go into parasympathetic mode and this promotes relaxation. When the body shifts into the mode, the immune system functions properly [and a bit more efficiently] and helps you to sleep better.
5. Preparation for Labor: Prenatal Yoga poses allow the practitioner to become comfortable with the uncomfortable through the conscious breathing. When you inhale, you acknowledge the tension and on deep exhalation, you let go of it more and more with each breath. Consider this as labor get closer.
6. Increases self-awareness: Prenatal Yoga slows you down to pay attention to what changes your body is experiencing. When you do breath work with each pose, you become more aware of yourself and the changes you are going through.
7. Enhances Circulation: During practice, blood circulation within joints is increased and muscles are elongated. This may be seen as joints accumulating fluids and some swelling occurring. Enhanced circulation will contribute to reducing the swelling which may occur in various joints and at the same time improves the immunity. This maintains a healthy environment for the growing baby, as well as for mum-to-be.
This gives any soon-to-be mother, the opportunity to celebrate pregnancy to its fullest. Furthermore, a supportive partner for the expectant mom, can also reap the benefits of the Yoga practice, as we know that persons appreciate all of the help they can get during pregnancy. Prenatal Yoga, is one of the best things you can do for yourself and your unborn baby.
Author Bio: Manmohan Singh – is a passionate Yogi, Yoga Teacher and a Traveler in India. He provides yoga teacher training in Rishikesh, India. He loves writing and reading the books related to yoga, health, nature and the Himalayas. His strong connection with Yoga and the Himalayas has made him to organize yoga, meditation and Ayurveda tours, and retreats in the Himalayas.
Subscribe for more…