LESSER KNOWN BENEFITS OF CBD OIL
Contributing Author: Jessica K
Cannabidiol, popularly known as CBD, is a chemical compound typically extracted from the buds and flowers of the cannabis plant. Not having addictive properties like THC, CBD does not affect the consumer’s thought process.
Not making you ‘high’, CBD does not bring any ill effects along and holds the capability of curing anything ranging from anxiety to acne. Giving many pharmaceutical products a run for their money, CBD is an anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidizing compound with many health benefits.
While some benefits of the oil are quite popular, some are lesser-known among people. Here, we bring you 7 such benefits of CBD oil which can help you. Read ahead –
- GOODBYE ACNE – Acne is an incredibly common problem among people of all age groups. Teenagers often tend to suffer a lot from acne and facial marks. In fact, most of them are embarrassed due to this. CBD oil is known to have a great effect on acne. The main cause of acne is the overproduction of sebum – an oily secretion of sebaceous glands.
CBD oil inhibits the production of sebum thus preventing the growth of acne.
- A SOUND SLEEP – One of the major lesser-known benefits of CBD oil is the relaxing effect that it has on the person. Instead of opting for medicines to cure insomnia, one should consider CBD oil as it doesn’t have any side effects, unlike many medicines. It stops inflammation at the cellular level. The oil is a potent antioxidant keeping free radical stress under control resulting in a sound sleep. This method has no side effects at all and has a long-lasting soothing effect.
CBD oil is also known for reducing the symptoms of anxiety thus helping people who can’t sleep due to overthinking.
- GET RID OF ADDICTION – CBD oil is also found quite useful for cigarette addicts. It is an effective method to fight nicotine addiction. It has been shown that CBD oil breaks the habit by reducing reward memories. With this approach, the person doesn’t feel the urge to smoke when he/she sees someone else smoking. The withdrawal symptoms are also less severe and not painful for the addict. Substituting nicotine with CBD in the act of smoking, that is vaping the oil is the most popular method used by addicts to quit the smoking addiction. You may also consume it orally in the form of capsules or tincture under the tongue if you are not comfortable with vaping. Ensure to purchase the oil from reliable dispensaries under recommendation.
For instance, consult marijuana doctors in Florida if you’re living in this state.
- HELPFUL FOR DIABETIC PATIENTS – CBD has also been found effective in the treatment of diabetic patients. It is a herbal method for the treatment and found incredibly effective. CBD oil has anti-inflammatory properties which can be used to improve body’s metabolism. Especially helpful for patients suffering from type-2 diabetes, it stabilizes blood sugar in addition to calming the diabetic restless leg syndrome. Not only does it improve blood circulation but also keeps the blood vessels open. It even reduces the pain of neuropathy.
Further, it lowers the blood pressure which is beneficial for diabetic patients beyond anything else.
- TREATING PTSD – Many psychologists and therapists have recommended CBD for anxiety. It has anti-anxiety and anti-inflammatory effects and is extremely useful for curbing any psychological problem due to bad past experiences, commonly known as Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Patients suffering from extreme anxiety disorder are also suggested CBD oil. It creates a healthy mental atmosphere and brings the level of stress down leading to the patient living a healthy life with no side effects and health concerns.
The compound directly targets symptoms related to PTSD and makes the person feel calm and composed with its anti-inflammatory action.
- STOPS THE ILL EFFECTS OF PRIONS – CBD is known to stop the action of a series of proteins called ‘prions’ which leads to ‘Mad Cow Disease’. CBD effectively prevents the accumulation and formation of prions. Characterized by rapid mental deterioration with symptoms like depression, anxiety and memory loss the disorder creates a havoc in the patient’s life in a few months.
CBD oil acts as a neuroprotective agent and reduces oxidative stress. Inhibiting glutamate production, it protects brain cells. It protects neurons from the toxic nature of prions.
Mad Cow Disease as such has no treatment and ultimately leads to the death of the patient.
- CROHN’S DISEASE – A type of inflammatory bowel disease, Crohn’s disease is a disease of the gut. It generally affects the last part of the small intestine. Characterised by extreme abdominal pain and vomiting, the disease causes many problems in the patient’s life. CBD oil can offer some relief to the patient by improving appetite. National Institute of Health has also published a report that CBD contains antibacterial effects much needed by the patients of Crohn’s disease.
Moreover, it targets the affected parts of the gut only leaving the unaffected areas untouched thus, not causing any side effects.
Apart from CBD oil, parts of the cannabis plant like strains (orange kush cannabis), cannabis seeds etc also have several health benefits. All in all, CBD oil is a miraculous oil for mankind.
Contributing Author: Jessica K is an avid reader who enjoys getting lost in the world of books. Holding on to her passion for fitness, she is also curious about unconventional medicine. She is intrigued about various discoveries in the field of Marijuana and loves reading the latest researches in the field of Cannabis.